You must use at least ONE of the datasets below. You may also choose to use additional data sets, APIs, plugins or scripts of your own.
Need some help coming up with an idea? Check out our Idea Generator Page.
Vermont.gov-Education: Libraries/Childcare > Pre-K
- Geographic data on locations of public libraries, pre-k programs, and child care programs.
VT Agency of Ed- Ed. Performance Interactive Reports: Performance/Standards > Primary-Secondary
- Interactive assessment reports compiled during each fiscal year when the Agency of Education collects data from Vermont's supervisory unions and school districts. Key data includes science, English, language arts, math, and national assessment reports.
VT Agency of Ed-School Reports Interactive Reports: Enrollment Ratios > Primary-Secondary
- Enrollment and participation reports compiled during each fiscal year when the Agency of Education collects data from Vermont's supervisory unions and school districts. Key data includes enrollment reports, participation reports, student-staff ratios, student support services, and teacher salaries.
VT Agency of Ed-Financial Reports Interactive Reports: Finances > Primary-Secondary
- Financial reports compiled by the Agency of Education, including information on the Annual Report and Budget Book, Excess Spending Threshold, Per Pupil Spending, School Comparison, Small School Grants and Tuition Rates, as well as District Reports and School Finance Reports.
Kids Count Data Center: Well-being, poverty, demographics > Primary-Secondary
- Data center focused on family and child well-being in the United States. Searchable by state. Key data includes basic demographics, poverty levels, housing, race and ethnicity.
US Dept of Ed IDEA Data: Special Education > Primary-Secondary
- State-level data authorized under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Section 618: (1) Child Count; (2) Educational Environments; (3) Personnel; (4) Exiting; (5) Discipline; (6) Assessment; (7) Dispute Resolution; and (8) Maintenance of Effort Reduction and Coordinated Early Intervening Services; and Under Part C: (9) Child Count; (10) Settings; (11) Exiting; and (12) Dispute Resolution.
Academic Achievement and Demographic Traits of Homeschool Students: Homeschooling > Primary-Secondary
- This nationwide study examines the demographic characteristics of homeschool families and the academic achievement of 11,739 home-educated students in grades K to 12.
College Scorecard Data: Outcomes > College
- These data provide insights into the performance of schools eligible to receive federal financial aid, and offer a look at the outcomes of students at those schools.
learning Registry: Varied
- The Learning Registry aggregates metadata about the learning resources available online—including the publisher, location, content area, standards alignment, ratings, reviews, and more.
Campus Safety and Security Survey, 2013: Safety > College
- Information on crime, criminal activity, and fire security at post-secondary institutions. All Title IV institutions were sampled and collection response rate was 100%.
Civil Rights Data Collection, 2013-14: Equality, civil rights > Primary-Secondary
- National public school data on student enrollment and educational programs that is disaggregated by race/ethnicity, sex, limited English proficiency, and disability.
Consolidated State performance Report, 2012-13: Performance/standards > Primary-Secondary
- Monitors each state's progress towards the No Child Left Behind Act. Key statistics include information on adequate yearly progress, state performance assessments, highly qualified teachers, public school choice and supplemental education services options.
EdFacts Homeless, Neglected, or Delinquent, 2011-12: Homelessness > Primary-Secondary
- Information about homeless students and students who are participating in programs for neglected or delinquent students ("N or D") under Title I, Part D of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). Data set includes 5 data groups with information on Homeless Served, Homeless Students Enrolled, N or D-Academic Achievement, N or D-Long Term Students Served, and N or D-Program Participation.
EDFacts Teacher Quality, 2011-12: Performance/Standards > Primary-Secondary
- Information about teacher quality based on the performance on programs and activities supported by the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). Indicators include the number of elementary and secondary classes in core academic subjects and the designation of a school's poverty quartile. Data set includes 3 data groups with information on State Poverty Designation, Teacher Quality in Elementary Classes, and Teacher Quality in Secondary Classes.
Elementary School Math Professional Development Impact Eval: Performance/Standards > Primary
- Data on the implementation and impact of the Math Professional Development (PD) program, by means of collecting fourth-grade teachers' content knowledge, classroom practices, and their student's achievement for one academic year. Key stats include the implementation of the PD program and its impact on the participating teachers' students' achievement in the classroom.
Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act Survey, 2013: Athletics > College
- Information from an annual report to the Department of Education on athletic participation, staffing, and revenues and expenses, by men's and women's teams. Key statistics from EADA 2013 were designed to make prospective students aware of a schools commitment to providing equitable athletic opportunities for its men and women students.
Parent and Family Involvement in Education Survey, 2012: Broad > Primary-Secondary
- A data set that collects data directly from households on educational issues. This study was conducted using address based sample, self-administered questionnaires of households. Key stats include early childhood care and education, children's readiness for school, parent perceptions of school safety and discipline, before- and after-school activities of school-age children, participation in adult and continuing education, parent involvement in education, school choice, homeschooling, and civic involvement.
Public Education Financial Survey, 2013-14: Cost of Education > Primary-Secondary
- Data set that gathers data on the financing of education. NPEFS data are used in calculating states' Title I grants. The study was conducted using responding agencies' existing administrative records. Key stats will collect data on attendance, revenue, and expenditure data from which NCES determines a State's 'average per-pupil expenditure' (SPPE) for elementary and secondary education.
Reporting System for Adult Education, 2013-14: Performance/Standards > Adult
- This data set includes data that is designed to monitor performance accountability for the federally funded, state-administered adult education program. Key stats from this survey include student demographics, receipt of secondary school diploma or general education development (GED) certificate, placement in post-secondary education or training, educational gain, and employment placement and retention.
School Lunch Assistance Program Participation: School Lunch > Primary-Secondary
- Data on national school lunch program including participation and lunches served.
Private School Universe Survey: Private Education > Primary-Secondary
- This data set collects data on private elementary and secondary schools, including religious orientation, level of school, length of school year, length of school day, total enrollment (K-12), race/ethnicity of students, number of high school graduates, number of teachers employed, program emphasis, and existence and type of kindergarten program. Key stats include the number of private schools, students, and teachers, the number of high school graduates, the length of the school year and school day.
School District Finance Survey, 2012-13: Finances > Primary-Secondary
- This resource is a universe survey that is designed to provide finance data for all local education agencies (LEAs) that provide free public elementary and secondary education in the United States.
School Safety and Discipline, 2013-14: Safety > Primary-Secondary
- This is a data set that provides nationally representative data on safety and discipline in public schools. Key stats include information on specific safety and discipline plans and practices; training for teachers and aides related to school safety and discipline issues; use of law enforcement or security personnel on school grounds; frequency of specific discipline problems; and the number of incidents of various crimes that occurred during the 2013-14 school year.
Services and Support Programs for Military Service Members and Veterans, 2012-13: Military > College
- This survey collected information on the services and support programs available to students who are military service members and veterans at the institution. Key stats include services and support programs for military members and veterans.
United States Census Bureau: Broad
- National data on population, economy, households, and communities.