To our partners, participants, and the tech community,
For the past seven years HackVT has provided an opportunity for software engineers to come together in the same space to work collectively - and semi competitively - on solving a problem. It has been a chance to network, learn, explore new tech, and showcase the amazing talent we have in our community. Over the years the hackathon has provided insights into new technologies, new market opportunities, and valuable efficiencies and service improvements. HackVT has also provided local businesses with the opportunity to recruit talent and develop new applications for the data they collect.
HackVT has played an important role in our innovation community, but after seven years it is time to reimagine this role. In order to fully explore what role HackVT should play in the innovation ecosystem, and build the capacity to reinvent the organization, we’ve decided not to host the hackathon in 2018.
HackVT has always relied on a dedicated committee of local leaders from the software engineering community to guide the annual event, and that same group will be leading the evaluation and restructuring process. This is an opportunity to engage new partners and work collaboratively to determine the future of HackVT. Anyone interested in providing input or participating in this process is encouraged to reach out through the contact form below.
We are so grateful to all of the sponsors, volunteers, and of course the participants who have made HackVT such a success over the years. This is an awesome community and it has been such an honor to be part of it. The next phase of the HackVT journey has begun, please check the website and follow the HackVT social channels for updates.
-The HackVT Organizing Committee
HackVT 2017 Winners!
1st Place - Hackers From the NEK
APP Name - Cow Talk
2nd Place - Mind Control
App name - Popup history
3rd Place - Team TBD
App name - What's Next?
Student Prize - UVM CS Crew
App name - Fish VErmont
HackVT 2017 Team Presentations
Thank you to all the teams that participated in HackVT 2017! This year's apps were amazing and showcased the talent and creativity that thrives in our hacker community. Please check out all the presentations here.
WHAT THE HACKERS HAVE TO SAY
- “I liked hanging out with other geeks and getting a chance to do some totally creative work for a good cause.“
- “I liked the availability of food and the people hosting were extremely nice and helpful as well as providing plenty of cool things for a low cost of registration.“
- "It’s a great experience and a lot of fun to challenge yourself to code for 24hrs straight.“
- “Great to see a strong cross section of the programming community.“
- “Loved the food, the swag, the organization and volunteers! Very well-organized and so impressive!“
- “The food was incredible! More raffle prizes would be great, but not required. An increase in the data available (types, amount, format, etc.) would be great as well.“